Many veterans do not realize how easy it can be to purchase a home using their VA eligibility.
With this benefit, they have the ability to buy the perfect property that will fit their needs today and in the future.
Being a veteran myself, it is an honor to be able to help other veterans create wealth through homeownership. At Axia Home Loans, we pride ourselves on finding the best options for each client.
If you are not sure where to start with a VA loan, here is some information to help point you in the right direction.
Who is eligible for a VA home loan?
To qualify, you must meet one of the requirements below:
- 181 days during peacetime on active duty
- 90 days during wartime on active duty
- 6 years serving as a National Guard or Reservist
- Surviving (not remarried) spouse of a service member who died while in service or from a service-related disability
What property types are available under the VA loan program?
- Single Family Dwelling and PUD
- 2 to 4-unit properties
- VA approved condo
- Manufactured home on a permanent foundation, titled as real estate
Are there other benefits of VA financing?
- We can close your transaction in 30 days or less
- VA has defined appraisal turn times and fees as determined by VA
- No added Jumbo loan hurdles
- No seller contributions required
In some cases, VA loans do not require a down payment. This is based on a veteran’s eligibility and the loan amount you are applying for.
It is important to meet with a Loan Advisor and get pre-approved in advance before shopping for your new home.
At Axia Home Loans we have knowledgeable Loan Advisors to help you navigate the process.
Axia Home Loans Guest Author:
Equal Housing Opportunity. Axia Home Loans is a registered tradename of Axia Financial, LLC. NMLS 27830.