In this crazed housing market (up almost 45% from last year!1) it can be a real struggle not only to find a home you love but also to ensure your bid gets the attention it deserves.
How can you prove to the seller that you’re their best bet for a no-fuss seller experience with a reliable, on-time close?
You choose your lender wisely.
The lender’s interest rate is important, but all lenders are different, and you may run into problems if you aren’t considering other factors as well.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when researching lenders that can help you get your bid noticed:
- Is your lender looking out for you and your future? Do they ask about your short and long-term goals? Do they take the time to listen and then carefully walk you through programs and various options? Do they answer your questions in a way that you can understand and feel empowered to make a smart choice?
- Are they a local lender? Is the lender tapped into your market and able to provide expert advice on area properties and amenities? Do they have a strong network of reliable real estate agents that can help you shop smart?
- Would this lender advocate on your behalf? Do they give you the feeling that they’re invested in your success, or do you feel like a number? Would this lender go above and beyond in communicating with both the seller and buyer real estate agents? Are they willing to do more than their basic job description to help you win an offer? How responsive would they be to all your questions?
- Does this lender understand the importance of getting pre-approved in advance? Is this lender willing to do the financial verification work on the front end so your bid is strong and reliable?
- Do they offer underwriting approval with a solid guarantee? This can be a game-changer for sellers. Does the lender have an approval program that guarantees your loan will not fail due to financing issues? Some lenders do have this type of program, but remember, in order for the guarantee to remain in place, you need to maintain your financial status and choose an acceptable property.
At Axia Home Loans, we recognize that the stakes are especially high, and buying a home may be the biggest financial decision you will make. We take your financial future seriously. We’ll sit down with you one-on-one for a free mortgage consultation, give you tips on the local market, and get to know your real estate agent.
Even before you start shopping for a home, we’ll work through your pre-approval and have our underwriter review your financial profile so there are no last-minute issues that may jeopardize your ability to close. We’ll even create a customized Buyer’s Highlight Letter to provide the seller with additional proof that your bid is solid. Axia also has a Certified Homebuyer Guarantee that adds serious strength to your bid.
Contact us to get started with a lender who helps you get the seller’s attention and is genuinely interested in helping you achieve homeownership.
1 National Association of Realtors, June 2021
Axia Home Loans Guest Author:
Equal Housing Opportunity. Axia Home Loans is a registered tradename of Axia Financial, LLC. NMLS 27830.