When did “we’re just like family!“ become the recruiting mantra of just about every mortgage company out there? Whether it’s true or not, our industry can’t seem to get enough of this increasingly popular statement.
You’ll hear Axians say this too. Working with colleagues who truly care about and support each other’s efforts, challenges, needs and goals can surely conjure up that warm, supportive family feeling. And while we’re delighted that so many of our fellow employee-owners feel this way, we know better than to tell you how you’ll feel about a group of people you don’t even know yet. Instead, we’ll stick with what we do know. . .
8 Ways Axia is Not Like Family:
1. We won’t pass gas then blame it on the dog. We’ve got a fail forward culture where people aren’t afraid to own up to their whoopsies.
2. We won’t ask you to help us move a heavy antique armoire up three flights of stairs. We’re not asking for the impossible nor the exhausting. We’re here to help you and give you the tools and training you need to achieve.
3. When you accomplish something you’re proud of, we won’t say your cousin Dave did it better. We celebrate all wins – if you’re growing and setting personal records, we’re cheering you on.
4. We won’t tell your embarrassing stories. We’re here to help you shine. Our coaching focuses on sharpening your strengths, not focusing on your weaknesses.
5. We won’t tell you how to raise your kids. Well, maybe we will say something if Abby and Emma keep screaming through the Zoom calls. But other than that, we’re here to help you grow your business – so we’re listening to your whys, respecting the unique book of business you’ve worked so hard to build, and providing support to help you get deals done.
6. When you have a great month, we won’t ask to borrow money. You work hard for your success and what’s yours is yours – you’ve earned it. And since we’re employee-owned, you also get financial benefits from what we’re all collectively working to build.
7. We won’t invite you over for dinner, then ask you to spend three hours setting up our technology. Our service desk is amazing – seriously. That’s another thing everyone says about Axia. And they don’t even laugh at all our dumb questions (barring the occasional giggle after we hang up!).
8. We won’t steal your toys. You like your CRM and the social media guy you’ve been using? Like your database of loyal clients even more? We have our own stuff you can use, but that doesn’t mean we’ll take yours away – and we won’t steal the book of business you spent a decade building prior to joining us.